Simple and tasty desserts from the Antilles
(8 to 10 people)
- 1kg (4 to 5) orange sweet potato
- 100g to 400g of sugar (adjust according to your taste)
- 125g salt-free butter
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- 5 eggs (set aside one of the egg yolks in a separate bowl)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 5 cl of old rum
- 50g to 200g of flour
- 1 to 2 drops of orange blossom
A supplement of flavors
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Peel the sweet potatoes.
- Bring the orange blossom to the boil in the water.
- Puree using a blender or potato stack.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add the butter while the mashed sweet potato is lukewarm.
- Introduce the sifted flour.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and sugar (obtain a foam). Don’t forget to reserve an egg yolk
- Gently add the mixture to the mashed sweet potato
- Add the spices, sugars and rum and mix everything together.
- Pour the preparation into a bowl to butter beforehand.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Take the egg yolk, add orange juice and vanilla extract, apply to the cake after 30 minutes of cooking.
- Finish cooking in the oven for another 20 to 30 minutes.